Hotel Insurance Information
Hotel Insurance Quote
Whether you run a hotel, motel, inn* or resort, you need insurance that is tailored to the specific risks faced by you, your guests and their visitors. Hotel insurance can be sold as separate commercial insurance liability and property policies or, from some companies, as a bundled product geared toward your specialized needs.
Those who work in the hospitality industry need their own specialized liability insurance policy. Hospitality errors and omissions can help you pay to defend yourself against lawsuits brought on by guests as a result of an error or omission in taking, recording or fulfilling reservations, event planning and so on. In addition, the policy will generally pay for the claims awarded (up to limits) except when due to willful negligence.
The liability insurance needs of your organization will vary and may include:
- Liquor liability
- Liability for services offered
- General liability (which includes coverage for the loss or theft of guest property)
- Employment liability
- Workers compensation
Not only will a properly designed property insurance policy cover the building, units and contents of your building(s), but it can also provide protection for damages due to bed bugs.
Hotel owners can look for additional types of coverage including:
- Automobile insurance for vehicles owned by the hotel or driven on its behalf
- Business continuation insurance to help replace income that’s lost when the hotel is unable to operate due to the occurrence of a covered hazard
- Equipment breakdown insurance, which can help pay the costs to repair or replace equipment that has broken down for reasons other than neglect.
*Bed and breakfasts may have more specialized needs. Please check with your agent for details at (904) 725-0933.
You may also be interested in…