Homeowners Insurance Information
Homeowners insurance, also known as home insurance, can protect you from costly losses if your property is damaged or destroyed. It may also provide liability protection if someone is injured on your property. Contact Insure-All Insurance Agency in Jacksonville, Florida, to learn more about our homeowners insurance coverage.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Home insurance is a legally binding contract between you and your insurer. As long as you continue to make premium payments, your insurer will pay for covered losses up to your policy limits if your property is damaged or destroyed. It is known as a package policy because it combines personal liability protection and property coverage into one policy.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Here are some of the common coverages included in a homeowners insurance policy:
- Dwelling coverage can help provide financial assistance if a covered peril damages the structure of your home (e.g., foundation, roof).
- Other structures coverage can help pay to repair or replace detached structures on your property (e.g., detached garage, gazebo) damaged from a covered loss.
- Personal liability coverage can help cover costs (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) stemming from allegations that you caused bodily injury or property damage to a third party.
- Personal property coverage can help pay to pay or replace your personal belongings if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Additional living expenses can help pay for costs if you must temporarily vacate your home after covered property damage.
If you live in a high-risk area, you may need additional insurance coverages to sufficiently protect your home (e.g., flood insurance, high wind insurance). Contact Insure-All Insurance Agency for more information.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
Homeowners insurance is not legally required. However, most mortgage lenders will require proof of home insurance to give you a loan. Even if you don’t have a mortgage, you may choose to purchase home insurance to protect your investment in your property.
How Do I Buy Homeowners Insurance?
Home insurance can provide needed financial protection and peace of mind. Call Insure-All Insurance Agency for a free homeowners insurance quote and to speak to a homeowners insurance agent.
You may also be interested in…
Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.